COIN COIN

This is one of my all-time favorite cartoons on Newgrounds. The style, pacing and sheer inventiveness is outstanding. And to paraphrase Nietzsche: What doesn't kill Donovan Murdock makes him stronger!

Boltron Ultimate Episode 4 Boltron Ultimate Episode 4

This is jaw-droppingly inventive and brilliantly executed. It's a wild ride sitting through this videogame narrative without having the added stress of playing the game. With the series' visual appeal, this makes a satisfying experience for those of us who aren't that fast at these types of game to be able to get through the entire narrative of the game, otherwise. I look forward to more great work from this team.

ONYX - BLUE ROOTS ONYX - BLUE ROOTS

I like the initial chord sequence, since it's not the overused tonic-to-submediant loop one hears in way too many pop tunes. However, like way too many pop numbers, it doesn't break out of its loop and explore different harmonic territory to go with the textural changes in the arrangement. I'd like to hear at least one key change with the introduction of secondary themes. That'll make the episodic journey of the music more interesting to listen to.

What Would Actually Happen In Batman VS Superman What Would Actually Happen In Batman VS Superman

The concept is understandable, but the drawing and animation leave a lot to be desired. Since this is early work, it's my hope the author keeps working to improve.

LIFELESS LIFELESS

This short is a work of art with an honest message. All that magnificent machinery is the work of human minds and hands--as is the animation, itself--and without the tender loving care of the machinery's creators and maintainers, the machinery eventually fails to function. The other thing about the machinery is that it is designed specifically for the benefit of humans, whether it's to manufacture products humans demand to make their lives better or the products, themselves, being manufactured. Those machines were designed to serve humans, but if there are no humans to serve, what's the point to their existence?

I have no criticisms about this piece. It's visually striking, with clean animation and a solid music score. I hope this team stays together to do more work of this caliber.

LifelessAnimation responds:

Thank you, it feels amazing when someone cares to write something like this, good or bad. We are glad you and so many other people liked something we worked so hard on to achieve.

Vikings of the Interstate (Pilot) Vikings of the Interstate (Pilot)

Great job with the animation and characterizations. My one note is that since they're in "middle America," there'd be more encounters with armed citizens possessing AR-platform semi-auto rifles and various types of shotgun and handgun. So it might be a bit more of a challenge for the vikings than what was depicted in the 'toon. Still, it was well done, especially the fight scene with the heroic butcher. I look forward to more episodes.

Godians Fight Godians Fight

This is an excellently produced animated fight scene that makes me want to see an entire story episode with character development and dialogue. (I'd like to voice a character--or more--if this goes to full production beyond this scene.) Kudos to the team who put this together. I'd give it the full five stars, if there were a more complete story being told, and it maintained this high standard of production throughout. It's like a teaser-trailer, and I can see it being effective in a crowdfunding campaign to finance this as an episodic series.

The background music is outstanding. I wish more action movies set in the present day had hard-rocking soundtracks like this. I could listen to this on its own and enjoyed the King Crimson-like guitar riffing near the end.

I look forward to seeing more from this team.

One other note: I tried visiting semogentertainment.com on two different browsers, and it's not coming up. I'm getting the "server not found" message, instead.

Smyton4tw responds:

Thank you for your comment! I actually just made this for the Godians creator since he's working on a comic for it. I asked him to give me his updated website so I can put it here.